Why is my Yahoo mail not working?
A quick guide to resolve Yahoo Mail not working issue
Yahoo Mail is an email service that has offered its finest services to thousands of users. And to ensure users don't face any difficulty with the mail services, the service providers timely introduces the latest features within the application and email services.
Despite offering users with incredible services, there are a few users who have reported Yahoo mail not working and not updating issues. Thankfully, this issue is minor and can be resolved in time by using basic troubleshooting solutions provided in this article.
Resolving Yahoo mail not working issue
The Yahoo Mail not responding issue can arise because of multiple issues, but one can quickly fix this issue by using some of the effective and quick solutions mentioned below.
Switch network connections
One of the basic reasons that can lead to this issue is the poor internet connection of the device. So, to resolve this issue in time, it is suggested to the users to switch network connections and check if they can access the mail or not.
Restart the device
Another basic solution that one can try to resolve Yahoo mail not working issue is by restarting the device used for accessing the mail. Further, once the device is restarted, the user can check if the issue is resolved or not.
Clear cache of the browser
- For clearing the cache, the user is required to navigate to the Settings option.
- In the particular section, the user needs to click on the clear browsing history option under advanced options.
- Further, the user needs to clear the cache.
Make changes to the SMTP settings
For the users who are encountering Yahoo mail not working on iPhone, they can follow the provided steps to resolve the issue.
- Tap on Passwords and Accounts option after opening the Settings app.
- Further, tap on the Yahoo account and select other SMTP servers under the outgoing mail server section.
- Now, the user needs to enter smtp.mail.yahoo.com as the hostname and mention the username with the password.
- Then, the user is required to set the ports for the server as 465 and 587 with SSL as Yes.
Update the browser
Another reason for users encountering Yahoo mail not responding issue can be because of the outdated version of the browser. So, it is recommended to the users to update the browser to fix this issue.
Disable the security features temporarily
- For disabling the security programs, the user needs to visit the help page of the particular security software and follow the instructions to disable the feature.
- Once the security feature is disabled, the user can check if the Yahoo mail not responding is resolved or contact the support.
Remove the extension enabled on the browser
Another way to resolve Yahoo mail not working is by disabling the extension on the browser and check if the issue is resolved or not.