How to change DNS server step by step process!!
All about DNS
A domain name system (DNS) server controls communication between a computer and the Internet. The DNS server moderates how a computer accesses a domain name. Each computer communicates with a default DNS server based on their geographical region. Many users want to know how to change DNS server, but there are few who fixes this issues by their own. Rest of the user’s needs technical support to get proper resolution.
A DNS server - Domain Name Server or name server – is a translation service for the devices that visit websites on the web. For computers, a website’s address consists of an IP address in speech format - for example, 192.168.159.23 - but since it would be almost impossible for us people to remember that the website address of google.com is 184.108.40.206, we instead use text-size addresses as we know them.
That means there is a need for a server that can handle the translation when you enter google.com to access the server 220.127.116.11, so your computer always asks for the address of the DNS server before the website is loaded into your browser. Unfortunately, some DNS servers are sometimes slow and not completely updated with new addresses, and you get an error in your browser. You should immediately change the DNS server by contacting the DNS Server Support centre.
How does DNS work?
DNS servers answer inquiries from both inside and outside their own work spaces. At the point when a server gets a demand from outside the area for data about a name or address inside the space, it gives the legitimate answer. At the point when a server gets a demand from inside its own area for data about a name or address outside that space, it passes the demand out to another server - typically one oversaw by its network access supplier. On the off chance that that server does not know the appropriate response or the definitive hotspot for the appropriate response, it will connect with the DNS servers for the best level space.
How to change DNS server?
Different set of steps are followed to change your domain name system server on different operating systems and on different websites.
How to change DNS on windows 10 as well 7?
- First you open control panel and select Network and Sharing Centre. On the other hand you can also right-click the network status icon on the system tray (bottom-right of the screen, near volume controls).
- Second you click on change adapter settings on the left pane.
- Third you right-click on the Internet connection you want to change DNS servers for and select Properties.
- Fourth you select internet protocol Version 4 and select properties.
- In end you just have to select the button next to use the following DNS server addresses and enter the DNS server addresses of your choice.
- Click OK when you are done.
How to change DNS on Mac?
- First you go to system preferences and then on network.
- Second you select the Internet connection you are connected to and click on advanced.
- Third you click the tab named DNS.
- Fourth you select the DNS servers in the box on the left and click the - button.
- Fifth you select the + button and add DNS servers of your choice.
- Sixth you select Okay when you are done to save the changes.
How to change DNS in GoDaddy?
- You the start the process by logging into your GoDaddy Account Manager.
- Then, next to Domains you click on the Manage button.
- After that you locate the domain you wish to register private name servers for, select the Gear icon and then select Manage DNS
- Then in the name servers section of the Settings tab you click on manage.
- Now, in the Name Server Settings pop-up, you select the radio button for Custom and click on the Edit Name Servers link.
- Enter your name servers in the spaces provided, and click OK when you are done making changes.
- Lastly you click on Save to finalize the changes.
How to change DNS in Linux?
In most modern Linux distributions, DNS settings are organized through Network Manager.
- First of all you Click on System then go to Preferences and then Network Connections.
- Second you select the connection for which you want to configure Google Public DNS.
- Third you click Edit, and in the window that appears, you select the IPv4 Settings or IPv6 settings tab.
- Fourth if the selected method is automatic (DHCP), you open the dropdown and select Automatic (DHCP) addresses only instead. If the method is set to something else then do not change it.
- Fifth in the DNS servers field you enter the Google Public DNS IP addresses, separated by a comma.
- Sixth you click on apply to save the changes made. If you are prompted for a password or confirmation then you type the password or provide confirmation.
- Seventh you test that your setup is working correctly or not by seeing test your new settings below.
- You repeat the procedure for additional network connections you want to change.
Here is a brief overview for how to change DNS server on various domains, OS, still someone found any issue regarding above procedure get in touch with support team for instant support