Southwest Airlines Cancellation & Refund Policy
Cancelling a flight ticket is both frustrating and upsetting but it is also common these days. The cancellation policy is beneficial in many ways as well as it can help you to compensate your valuable money too. Southwest Airlines has one of the best cancellation policies in the world and the airlines company always put their customers first. This airline company is one the best low-cost airlines all around the world and it offers both refundable and non-refundable flights. To know more about its cancellation policy, read this article till the end.
What is Southwest Airlines Cancellation Policy?
- If you have made your Southwest airlines reservations and you intend to cancel them then according to the Southwest cancellation policy 24 hours, you should do it within the 24 hours prior to your flight departure.
- The cancellations policy also applies to the type of flights i.e. refundable &non-refundable flights. If your booking is eligible for refund then you will get the booking amount in your bank account directly. You can also apply for “reusable Travel Funds” to book your Southwest airlines reservations in the future.
- Remember that your booking is only eligible for Southwest refund policy if you cancel it within the 24 hours before the departure date.
How to cancel your booking on Southwest Airlines?
It is very simple to cancel your Southwest Airlines reservations, follow the instructions mentioned below to do it.
- Firstly, open up the website of Southwest Airlines.
- Scroll to the middle of the homepage and click on the “Change/Cancel” tab.
- Now enter the confirmation number, first and last name of the passenger and choose cancel flight option.
- Now click on the “Search” option and you’ll be redirected to the booking page.
- Select your bookings and click on the cancel button.
- You’ll also need to enter the reason for your booking cancellations.
- Once, you have given all the details, fill in the refund form and submit it.
- Select the Southwest Airlines cancellation fee and finish the cancellation process.
- You’ll also need to provide your bank details so that the refund amount can be directly processed to it.
In case, you face any difficulty while cancelling your booking reservations then you can also contact to their customer support for further assistance. The customer service professional will surely help you with all of the cancellation steps and you can also enquire to know more about their Southwest cancellation policy.