Gmail SMTP Settings for Thunderbird
Complete Process for how to configure Gmail smtp settings for thunderbird
You must be aware of the thunderbird Gmail by now. If not, here is little information that can help you to add your account with thunderbird. This can be done much easily with the help of IMAP.
There are some of the easy steps which are required to be followed in order to set your Gmail with the new thunderbird. This would work great. Even if you were not aware how to do it, here are the steps for you.
- In the first place you have to activate IMAP in your Gmail account.
- Next, you have to log into your Gmail account by entering correct mail id and password.
- In the following step, you have to click on the upper-right gear icon and along with that you have to select the available Gmail setting right at the top.
- Next, you have to click on the forwarding and IMAP/POP and chose enable IMAP.
- After you have successfully configured IMAP client, you just need to save the made changes clicking on save changes.
- After completing the following procedure for Gmail smtp settings for thunderbird, you need to still follow certain norms so that the entire set up can be easily done.
- After saving the desired changes, you have to open thunderbird as well as type your email id along with the correct password and your name.
- After entering the desired data, you have to click on the continue button.
- Next, you have to tick the area on IMAP. Then press manual configuration.
After making the changes to manually, the settings have to be entered by you. After setting the incoming and outgoing with IMAP and SMTP respectively, you need to click on the re-test button. Now, if all the information is typed in a correct manner, you would be able to successfully establish the task and then click on the create account option.
Yes you are done. You can now check the Gmail account from thunderbird by clicking on the read messages option.
Hence, setting up gmail smtp settings for thunderbird becomes much easier with the help of the above mentioned information. Now, you can arrange your sent folder according to your wishes.