Know about Alaska airlines cancellation policy
Alaska airlines is a one of the major airlines of United States. The head office of Alaska airlines is situated in SeaTac, Washington, United States. It has a fleet size of 327. The flights are operated to 116 destinations in Canada, Mexico, United States and Costa Rica.
The passenger can book a ticket with the airlines by following the booking procedure. If the passenger wants to cancel the booking, cancellation policy is followed. After cancelling the ticket, the refund process is carried out. The customer support can be contacted if any assistance is required regarding the cancellation and refunds of the ticket. The Alaska airlines cancellation policy is as follows:
- The passenger needs to visit the Manage booking section in the official website of Alaska airlines.
- Then, the booking reference number and the name of passenger are entered in order to access the ticket.
- Once the ticket is accessed, the passenger can go to the option of cancel. The cancel option will allow the passenger to cancel the booking of ticket.
- The ticket is cancelled according to the cancellation policy of airlines.
- The ticket can be cancelled by following the Alaska airlines cancellation policy 24 hours. In this policy, if the ticket is cancelled within 24 hours of booking, then it will be a refundable ticket. In this span of time, the changes and cancellations can be done free of cost.
- If the cancellation is done after 24 hours, then it will be a non-refundable ticket and charges will be applicable according to the cancellation policy.
- This 24 hour policy will only work if the ticket is booked at least one week prior the departure. If it is booked in the week of the scheduled departure, full cancellation charges will be applicable.
After the cancellation, the passenger needs to apply for the refund of the amount. It will be done according to the Alaska airlines refund policy which is as follows:
- If the ticket is cancelled within 24 hours of purchase, the full amount is refundable.
- All the tickets which are eligible for the refund will receive the amount in 20 days in case of cash purchase. And if, payment is made through credit card, it will be refunded in 7 days.
- The refunds on the credit card are made to the original form of payment of the passenger.
- The refund can be processed through the official website also only if the booking was made online.
- If a paper ticket needs to be refunded, the eligibility of the ticket is firstly checked by seeing the physical ticket.
If any further assistance is required regarding the issues or query about alaska airlines cancellation policy, the customer support can be contacted. The customer service executive will help the passengers in resolving their issues. The contact info can be found on the official website of Alaska airlines.